Golden Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
Meatless Monday: I’m hopping on the band wagon.
Don’t get me wrong – I love meat (apologies to my veggie friends). But every once in awhile the thought of a vegetarian-inspired meal really makes my mouth water. Plus, taking a day off of eating meat once a week is probably good for me.
So, back to the whole Meatless Monday thing. I’m sure you’ve all seen this trend popping up throughout the blogisphere, the twittersphere, etc. So, here I am – getting my #MeatlessMonday on. In any case, there’s no doubt about the fact that summer is the season of salads, which makes today’s Meatless Monday post a no-brainer. Crisp lettuce, fresh fruits and crunchy veggies all contribute to a salad being the perfect dish for sweltering summer days (let’s ignore the fact that Vancouver has cooled off over the past week or two). Today I found a particularly colourful and vibrant golden beet and goat cheese salad to try, adapted from Southern Boy Dishes. It’s the perfect mix of greens, a little bit of cheese and a pop of colour from the gorgeous golden beets. I’ll leave the choice of dressing up to you, although in my opinion, a nice balsamic dressing might go very nicely. Enjoy.
- 3 golden beets
- 4 cups of arugula
- ½ cup of roasted pistachios
- 100 grams of goat cheese
- 250 grams of PGX granules per person (optional*)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast beets for one hour, wrapped in foil.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool. Once cool, remove the skin and slice beets into wedges.
- Toss arugula with your choice of dressing. Serve leaves onto plates and top with beets, pistachios, goat cheese and *PGX granules.
(Image via Pinterest)